A low -carb dip made from thick yoghurt that is nutritious and spiked with spring onions that add color, flavor and a crunch to this creamy delight.
- ½ cup of Greek yoghurt or regular yoghurt (if you are using regular yoghurt put it in a strainer and drain out all the whey so that it is of a thick consistency)
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onions (the white bulb and the slender green tops)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilies (increase or decrease as per your preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes and oregano (optional)
- Whisk the yoghurt along with the spring onions, garlic and green chilies in a bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well till it forms a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate the dip for at least 30 mins before serving.
- Serve with bread sticks, toasted bread or strips of carrot and cucumber.
Note: This easy to assemble dip can also be served with traditional Indian snacks like pakoras, veg-nuggets, etc.