If you love coconut, you’ll adore this sweet treat. Serve it with tea (chai), or pack it into your kid’s lunch box for a wonderful surprise.
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 14 oz can condensed milk (sweetened)
- 3 tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp slivered toasted almonds to garnish (optional)
- Unsalted butter (to grease the pan)
- Grease a 9×9 inch square pan with unsalted butter.
- Mix the desiccated coconut, condensed milk, ground cardamom and Rose Water together in a small pot.
- Stir on medium heat. Keep stirring frequently till the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from the fire and spread it evenly on the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top, and pat lightly so that they stick to the burfi.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into square pieces and serve.