This simple but delicious combination of watermelon, feta, lemon juice sprinkled with fresh mint is heavenly and an all-time favorite summer salad.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon (1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cut cucumber (cut into 1/4 circles)
- ½ cup Feta cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 small red onion sliced (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl to form the dressing.
- Place the cubed watermelon and cucumber together in a large salad bowl, and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Add the crumbled Feta cheese and fresh mint to it. Toss all the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately, or place it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Note: Cube the cucumber and watermelon earlier and store them in separate containers in the refrigerator. Put your salad together just before serving.