Wake up and smell the coffee! Not just coffee, but a cup of refreshing masala coffee! A great way to kick-start your day! Here’s how you can brew your own aromatic, spiced-up cup of coffee.
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 pods of cardamom
- 1-2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 tsp ginger powder (dry) or freshly grated
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4th cup water (hot)
- A pinch of cocoa powder
- Sugar (optional)
- Add the spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger powder and fennel seeds) to the milk, and let the milk boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain the milk to remove the spices.
- Add the coffee powder to the hot water, and whisk it well till it turns frothy.
- Mix the spiced milk with the coffee.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on the surface.
Note: Avoid adding sugar to the coffee so that you can relish the flavours of all the spices. If however, you simply don’t like the taste of sugarless coffee, add a bit , depending on how sweet you like your coffee.