Made from a combination of sweet, ripe mangoes and creamy tangy yoghurt/curd, mango lassi is a delicious drink that can be topped up with flavours of cardamom and saffron.
- 1 cup chilled mango cubes (wash & peel the mangoes before cubing them)
- ¾ cup plain yoghurt (chilled)
- Sugar or honey (optional- to be added only if the mangoes aren’t sweet)
- 2 or 3 tbsp light cream (optional)
- ½ cup cold water /ice cubes
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 or 5 strands of saffron (optional flavour- if you aren’t adding cardamom powder)
- Blend the mango cubes, cardamom powder/ saffron strands, sugar and water to form a smooth paste. Make sure there are no chunks of mango left in the paste.
- Add the yogurt, and continue to blend till the consistency is thick. The sweetness and consistency can be adjusted to your taste.
- Avoid adding too much water or yoghurt as this will thin it down and decrease the mango flavour.
- Serve chilled. Top it up with a few cubes of mango.
Note: If fresh mangoes are not available you can use canned mango pulp or frozen mangoes.