A Bhel with a salad twist. An easy to make, tasty side-salad, it can be served with corn chips as a delicious appetizer.
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (preferably fresh and cooked, but frozen or canned also works)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped bell peppers (red/yellow or green)
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp mint chutney
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves (2tbsp to garnish)
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature.