Even something as simple as toast can turn into a scrumptious snack when topped with cheese and spiced with chili (the green variety)!
- 4 slices of bread (white, brown or multi-grain)
- 1 cup grated cheese (mozzarella/cheddar/ a mix of both, or whatever cheese is easily available)
- 1 green chili finely chopped, or 8-10 pieces of jalapenos (increase or decrease as per your preference)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped (red, green or orange)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little milk
- Chili flakes, oregano (optional)
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- Mix the grated cheese, green chili/jalapenos, garlic and capsicum along with a dash of milk in a bowl to form a paste (the milk helps bind the cheese with the other ingredients and spread the paste evenly on the toast).
- Add salt and pepper to the paste and mix well.
- Toast the bread lightly on a grill or in a pre-heated oven (at 2000C) for 4-5 mins.
- Cut each toast diagonally into triangles.
- Cover one side of the toast with butter.
- Spread the cheese, chili, garlic, capsicum paste evenly over the buttered toast.
- Grill, or bake the toast in a pre-heated oven till the cheese melts and the toast is crisp and a golden brown.
- For more spice, color and flavoring you can sprinkle some chili flakes and oregano on to the toast.
- You could also serve it with some potato chips and tomato sauce.
Note: Add corn, olives, chopped tomatoes or sliced mushroom to variate on the veg-toppings.