A salad often comes across as a healthy and nutritious dish, till you add that dash of mayonnaise or creamy dressing to it. Here’s how you can dress up your salad and keep it healthy too!
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (in cubes)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (in cubes)
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped water melon /pineapple or both (in cubes)
- ½ cup yoghurt -low fat (put it in a strainer and drain out the whey so that it has a thickish consistency)
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the chopped fruits and vegetables (bell peppers, cucumber, celery, watermelon/ pineapple) together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, in another bowl, whisk together the drained yoghurt, mustard powder, basil, salt and sugar.
- Pour the dressing over the chopped ingredients and toss them around.
- Decorate with a sprig of fresh basil.
- Serve slightly chilled, if possible.
Note: You can use either pineapple or watermelon or a combination of both or even other fruits like oranges, apples and pomegranate in this curd-based salad.